Members of St. Mark’s contribute to the life and work of the church in many different ways. Whilst the information below relates to financial giving, other pages on this site explain the variety of ways you can get involved in the life of the church.
You can give to the work of St. Mark’s
- By setting up a direct debit with your bank using the Church in Wales “Gift Direct” scheme. Forms are available in the wall mounted pockets in the lobby (do ask if you can’t find them) or you can download them here. This scheme includes tax recovery through Gift Aid if you are a tax payer.
- An offering plate is available near the door at all Sunday services. Offerings are not collected during services.
- Packs of dated envelopes are available to enable you to give regularly and confidentially. Please ask the church Treasurer for a set if you want to give regularly in the offering plate. If your offering is given this way and you sign a Gift Aid declaration we can reclaim tax on your gifts. The form is available in the wall mounted pockets in the lobby.
- If you would like to send us a cheque or a charity giving voucher, please address it to the Treasurer at the Parish Office and make it payable to St. Mark’s Gabalfa Parochial Church Council. St Mark’s is registered with CAF and Stewardship Services for on-line donations. Its Charity Number is 1131555.
- For occasional visitors making one-off gifts, gift aid declaration envelopes are available on the table in the lobby and by the offering bowl.
- You may also like to consider making a donation to St. Mark’s in your will. Please ask your solicitor when you make or change your will, or ask us for more information.
Tax Efficient Giving
If you pay UK tax (Income or Capital Gains Tax) and would like us to be able to claim back the basic rate tax, you will need to fill in, sign and return to us an ongoing Gift Aid Declaration. The benefit to St. Mark’s is that it can recover the basic rate of income tax, currently 25p for each pound given. If you pay higher rate tax, you may recover the extra tax through your own tax return.
If you have any questions on these or other ways of giving, please contact the Treasurer, via the Parish Office.