No longer strangers and foreigners but fellow citizens with God’s people
Before and after contrasts:
1. Before and after meeting with Jesus.
2. Cut off from God and without hope, but in Jesus brought back
3. The Cross deals with our hostility
4. We are given peace with God and with each other.
5. The ceremonial law kept the Gentiles out.
6. In Jesus that hostility comes to an end. This is for all people
7. At the Cross the ground is level
8. A new humanity is created, united with Jesus.
a. Fellow citizens with God's people.
b. Members of God's family. God is our Father. We are all brothers and sisters together.
c. Being made into God's temple where God lives.
d. The foundation is God's Word. We dare not tamper with it
e. Jesus is the cornerstone
f. It is an ongoing work.