This was preached two days after President Trump's inauguration in Washington DC.
Trump's presidency will be a footnote in history. Jesus' inaugural address tells us where we can find God's blessing. The Beatitudes are about God's kingdom. It is a present reality and some thing for the future.
1. We are not automatically in God's kingdom. Everyone is welcome, but they must meet the conditions.
2. It does not belong to the religious.
3. It is not earned by what we do.
What are the conditions of entry?
1. We must acknowledge our as spiritual bankruptcy.
2. We need to respond in repentance.
It is God's grace from first to last.
We are going to be persecuted, and should expect it.