Imagine if an heir did not believe the promises in a will?
We cannot earn God's approval by what we do. We need to trust God's promises.
1. Before Jesus we were held in custody.
2. We are no longer under the custody of the law.
3. The Law is like a guardian.
1. The law will be a constant reminder of our sinfulness.
2. The function of The Law was to supervise us.
Now, if we put our trust in Christ:
1. We are put right with God. God did this by sending Jesus to the cross. We are clothed in Christ.
2. In Christ, we are adopted as sons of God, made part of his family.
a. We are given the Holy Spirit.
b. We are made heirs.
The law imprisons
1. Do these words resonate with you?
Do these words grip our hearts? We need to meditate and pray over these words.